[CentOS] Firefox distorted printing

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Oct 1 00:40:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:24:57 -0700
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've never been able to get a really good
> result from ps2pdf.  Tif2pdf works great (and it's the only way I can
> print graphics from Linux because, for some reason, all I get from
> GIMP or the file viewer is black), but with ps2pdf my beautiful,
> two-column, superbly formatted FrameMaker ps files turn into junk.

What are you using to view the files?  Evince has problems with some graphics
- they come out as black squares.  Your best option is to use acroread to view
pdf files.

My experience with Scribus has shown me that a bad font or a bad graphic can
cause unknown errors in a pdf file.  On the other hand, I use ps2pdf all the
time to create pdf files from Scribus output for imposition purposes and as
long as the fonts and the graphics are up to snuff, everything works
wonderfully well.