[CentOS] Flaky graphics - need help nailing down the cause

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:07:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:01 PM, John <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> MHR wrote:
>> The video card is an nvidia ge7100gs and I have the beta driver from
>> rpmforge (under dkms).
>
> Are you sure that you are using that driver and *not* the "nv" driver which
> comes with XOrg? With that one I've seen similar issues.
>
> Ralph
>
> JohnStanley Writes:
>
> That is a good question for him, maybe better to post his xorg config file.
> The standard driver will at times want to kind of like lag behind. Guess im
> gonna do a DKMS only machine to see how it works out with video drivers.

Well, when the nVIDIA screen pops up (before login and between
logins), it says "BETA DRIVER" right below the nVIDIA logo.

If I do downgrade (which I may well do), where do I get the right
driver?  I pulled these from rpmforge after my old driver didn't seem
to like the new monitor.

I'm all for not stressing the monitor - it's stressing me!

mhr