[CentOS] mysqld breaks yum, help?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Oct 6 02:10:53 UTC 2008

Dac Chartrand wrote:

> Well, here's where I disagree What's non standard in my install other
> than PHP? Furthermore, uninstalling PHP does nothing?

Are there any packages installed that weren't part of the
*base* CentOS?

Perhaps you should use a distribution that includes all of the
packages you need rather than trying to bolt a bunch of
3rd party stuff on to CentOS.

I install a bunch of 3rd party packages myself, though they
are all built from source, and all installed/tested via RPM,
I never, ever directly use 3rd party repositories. Never
have had a problem. I even download mysql from mysql.com and
build it from source, even go so far as rebuilding php
to link against the newer mysql(in CentOS 4's case). No
problems.

nate