[CentOS] new list proposal

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:58:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Kenneth Price <kprice at nowyouknow.net> wrote:
> ----- "Jeff" <jlar310 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I favor one-stop shopping.
> I agree with Jeff.

Count me in, there, too.  This may sound odd after my last posting,
but I prefer the idea of a single list, I just think we should
encourage people to stick to good list etiquette (bottom posting,
trimming replies and asking questions intelligently (even if they're
"dumb" questions) - a lot of the time I've found that I could answer
my own question just by researching what I feel I need to put into it
to ask the question properly - googling, reading man pages, etc.

The <send> button should be the last resort, even for general or OT
questions, and this is a good thing.

I think I understand KB's frustrations, but we've discussed splitting
this list before several times in the last year or so, and to the
benefit of us all, it remains united.

Mark Hull-Richter (mhr)
Linux Software Developer
Registered Linux User #472807