[CentOS] new list proposal

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:58:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Kenneth Price <kprice at nowyouknow.net> wrote:
> ----- "Jeff" <jlar310 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I favor one-stop shopping.
>
> I agree with Jeff.

Count me in, there, too.  This may sound odd after my last posting,
but I prefer the idea of a single list, I just think we should
encourage people to stick to good list etiquette (bottom posting,
trimming replies and asking questions intelligently (even if they're
"dumb" questions) - a lot of the time I've found that I could answer
my own question just by researching what I feel I need to put into it
to ask the question properly - googling, reading man pages, etc.

The <send> button should be the last resort, even for general or OT
questions, and this is a good thing.

I think I understand KB's frustrations, but we've discussed splitting
this list before several times in the last year or so, and to the
benefit of us all, it remains united.

Cheers.

Mark Hull-Richter (mhr)
Linux Software Developer