[CentOS] IMAP servers and Sent/Junk folders

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Mon Aug 31 16:04:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009, Eugene Vilensky wrote:
>Hi,
>
>my users were recently moved from a uw-imap on HPUX to dovecot on EL5.
> Their sent items and folders went from a ~/Sent mbox file (when using
>SquirrelMail and Apple Mail both) to ~/mail/Sent for SquirrelMail and
>~/mail/Sent Messages for other imap clients.  I notice I can cat the
>files together and the only artifact is I end up with multiple "This
>message is part of the system do not delete" visible to the user's
>mail client.  Is there any advice anyone can give me regarding this or
>other solution?

When I wrote a script to extract messages from UW-Imap mbox files
(or standard BSD mail folders where UW-imap was used), moving
them to Maildir storage, it was easy to just look at the Subject
line of each message, ignoring those with the don't remove this.

FWIW, we use courier-imap, not dovecot, and I know nothing about
dovcot beyond that it's imap and how to spell it.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
 -- Edward L angley, Artist (1928 - 1995)