[CentOS] Upgrade GTK2 from 2.10 to 2.12 ?

Wed May 27 13:03:55 UTC 2009
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU a écrit :
> --- On Wed, 5/27/09, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:
>
>> Some of them require GTK2 2.12 to build, so I'm
>> considering a (careful) upgrade of this package.
>>
>> General question: 1) how "safe" is it to upgrade this
>> package? To do so, I'd use an SRPM from Fedora.
>> 2) What could I possible "break" on a
>> vanilla CentOS install by doing this?
>
> Niki, what would be those applications?

GNotes, a note-taking application for the desktop. It's a recoding of
the Tomboy app, except it's not in C#, so it comes without the Mono stuff.

Now I know there *is* a Tomboy version included in CentOS, but it's way
obsolete.

Heck, I'll just install a sandbox in VirtualBox and give it a shot myself.

Cheers,

Niki