[CentOS] What repo did this rpm come from? rpm-VVa failures on new install

Dave tdbtdb+centos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 01:15:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Stephen John Smoogen<smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> rpm -qf 'fill in file name here' this will tell you hat RPM owned that file.

Then how do I find the rpm? I need to figure out which repo it came
from, then download it from the repo, then unpack it and do a diff.

'yum info  <packagename>' seems to just say  'Repo      : installed'.
How do I get yum to tell me what repo it came from? Or should I just
google for the rpm name and download it from any old place?
Dave