[CentOS] Web server in a sandbox?

Fri Sep 11 13:34:00 UTC 2009
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 09:15, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/documentation-guide/en_US/sn-sandbox-setup.html
> Would it be straightforward to follow those instructions on a CentOS5 box?

I don't think those instructions are to install MediaWiki, from what I
see in the previous page they show how to "publish official Fedora
Documentation Project work to the docs.fedoraproject.org website".

If you want to install MediaWiki, I suggest you follow the
instructions on the MediaWiki website:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Installation_guide

I suggest you unpack the distribution under /var/www as that will
probably save you trouble with SELinux. If you unpack it under
/var/www/html/mediawiki you will be able to access it right away under
http://your.server.com/mediawiki/.

I suggest you go ahead and try to make it work, if you have specific
problems or questions after that, please post them and we'll help you!
I have been maintaining a MediaWiki installation under CentOS 5 here
and it's been working great so far.

HTH,
Filipe