[CentOS] is there a mplayer yum website?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Tue Aug 24 11:58:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, ganu MailList wrote:

> From: ganu MailList <ganu4maillist at gmail.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] is there a mplayer yum website?
>
> I want to install mplayer but my GCC is 4.0.   can not  compile the mplayer.

I'm on CentOS 5.5, and I recommend using smplayer as the
front end for mplayer.

Multimedia works fine for me on CentOS 5.5

Here's what I have installed:

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
  * addons: mirror.bytemark.co.uk
  * base: mirror.bytemark.co.uk
  * epel: mirror.bytemark.co.uk
  * extras: mirror.bytemark.co.uk
  * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
  * updates: mirror.bytemark.co.uk
1683 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Installed Packages
Name       : gnome-mplayer
Arch       : i386
Version    : 0.9.9.2
Release    : 9.el5
Size       : 1.1 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : GNOME Frontend for MPlayer
URL        : http://kdekorte.googlepages.com/gnomemplayer
License    : GPLv2+
            : nice tight player and provide a simple and clean interface to
            : MPlayer. GNOME MPlayer has a rich API that is exposed via DBus.
            : Using DBus you can control a single or multiple instances of GNOME
            : MPlayer from a single command.
            :
            : The player can be used to play media on websites when used with
            : Gecko Mediaplayer.

Name       : mplayer
Arch       : i386
Version    : 1.0
Release    : 0.43.svn20090711.el5.rf
Size       : 11 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux
URL        : http://mplayerhq.hu/
License    : GPL
            : as DVDs. Its big feature is the wide range of supported output
            : drivers. There are also nice antialiased shaded subtitles and OSD.
            :
            : On x86, additional Win32 binary codecs should be added to
            : /usr/lib/codecs/.
            :
            : Available rpmbuild rebuild options :
            : --with : dvdread
            : --without : aalib lirc cdparanoia arts xvid esd lzo fame caca dvb
            : vstream
            :             theora osdmenu gcccheck fribidi xvmc x264 faac mpc live
            :             ladspa amrnb samba speex twolame

Name       : mplayer-codecs
Arch       : i386
Epoch      : 3
Version    : 20061022
Release    : 1
Size       : 23 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : MPlayer essential non-native codecs package
URL        : http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/
License    : proprietary
            : currently have no native open-source decoder.

Name       : mplayer-codecs-extra
Arch       : i386
Epoch      : 3
Version    : 20061022
Release    : 1
Size       : 8.9 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : MPlayer non-essential codecs package
URL        : http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/
License    : proprietary
            : codecs supported by MPlayer.

Name       : mplayer-fonts
Arch       : noarch
Version    : 1.1
Release    : 3.0.rf
Size       : 5.1 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : Font files for MPlayer
URL        : http://mplayerhq.hu/
License    : GPL
            : as DVDs. Its big feature is the wide range of supported output
            : drivers. There are also nice antialiased shaded subtitles and OSD.
            :
            : This package contains the fonts used for subtitles and OSD.

Name       : smplayer
Arch       : i386
Version    : 0.6.8
Release    : 1.el5.rf
Size       : 8.5 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : Frontend for mplayer
URL        : http://smplayer.berlios.de/
License    : GPL
            : features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced
            : features like support for Mplayer filters and more. One of the main
            : features is the ability to remember the state of a played file, so
            : when you play it later it will resume at the same point and with
            : the same settings. smplayer is developed with the Qt toolkit, so
            : it's multi-platform.

Available Packages
Name       : kmplayer
Arch       : i386
Version    : 0.10.0c
Release    : 2.el5
Size       : 1.2 M
Repo       : epel
Summary    : Video plugin for Konqueror and basic Gstreamer/Xine frontend
URL        : http://kmplayer.kde.org/
License    : GPLv2+

Name       : mplayer-docs
Arch       : i386
Version    : 1.0
Release    : 0.43.svn20090711.el5.rf
Size       : 253 k
Repo       : rpmforge
Summary    : Documentation for MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux
URL        : http://mplayerhq.hu/
License    : GPL
            : DVDs. Its big feature is the wide range of supported output
            : drivers. There are also nice antialiased shaded subtitles and OSD.
            :
            : This package contains the end user documentation.

Name       : mplayer-skins
Arch       : noarch
Version    : 1.8
Release    : 1.nodist.rf
Size       : 13 M
Repo       : rpmforge
Summary    : Collection of skins for MPlayer
URL        : http://mplayerhq.hu/
License    : GPL
            : version of MPlayer, the movie player for Linux. Install this
            : package if you wish to change the appeareance of MPlayer.

Name       : mplayerplug-in
Arch       : i386
Version    : 3.55
Release    : 1.el5.rf
Size       : 1.0 M
Repo       : rpmforge
Summary    : Browser plugin for MPlayer
URL        : http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/
License    : GPL
            : in your browser.

Here is a list om my Firefox plugins:

Installed plugins
Find more information about browser plugins at mozilla.org.
Help for installing plugins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.
DivX Browser Plug-In

     File: gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so
     Version:
     Gecko Media Player 0.9.8

     Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
video/divx 	DivX Media Format 	divx 	Yes
video/vnd.divx 	DivX Media Format 	divx 	Yes
QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5

     File: gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so
     Version:
     Gecko Media Player 0.9.8

     Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
video/quicktime 	Quicktime 	mov 	Yes
video/x-quicktime 	Quicktime 	mov 	Yes
image/x-quicktime 	Quicktime 	mov 	Yes
video/quicktime 	Quicktime 	mp4 	Yes
video/quicktime 	Quicktime - Session Description Protocol 	sdp 	Yes
application/x-quicktimeplayer 	Quicktime 	mov 	Yes
RealPlayer 9

     File: gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so
     Version:
     Gecko Media Player 0.9.8

     Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
audio/x-pn-realaudio 	RealAudio 	ram,rm 	Yes
application/vnd.rn-realmedia 	RealMedia 	rm 	Yes
application/vnd.rn-realaudio 	RealAudio 	ra,ram 	Yes
video/vnd.rn-realvideo 	RealVideo 	rv 	Yes
audio/x-realaudio 	RealAudio 	ra 	Yes
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin 	RealAudio 	rpm 	Yes
application/smil 	SMIL 	smil 	Yes
Windows Media Player Plug-in

     File: gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so
     Version:
     Gecko Media Player 0.9.8

     Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/asx 	Media Files 	* 	Yes
video/x-ms-asf-plugin 	Media Files 	* 	Yes
video/x-msvideo 	AVI 	avi,* 	Yes
video/msvideo 	AVI 	avi,* 	Yes
application/x-mplayer2 	Media Files 	* 	Yes
application/x-ms-wmv 	Microsoft WMV video 	wmv,* 	Yes
video/x-ms-asf 	Media Files 	asf,asx,* 	Yes
video/x-ms-wm 	Media Files 	wm,* 	Yes
video/x-ms-wmv 	Microsoft WMV video 	wmv,* 	Yes
audio/x-ms-wmv 	Windows Media 	wmv,* 	Yes
video/x-ms-wmp 	Windows Media 	wmp,* 	Yes
application/x-ms-wmp 	Windows Media 	wmp,* 	Yes
video/x-ms-wvx 	Windows Media 	wvx,* 	Yes
audio/x-ms-wax 	Windows Media 	wax,* 	Yes
audio/x-ms-wma 	Windows Media 	wma,* 	Yes
application/x-drm-v2 	Windows Media 	asx,* 	Yes
audio/wav 	Microsoft wave file 	wav,* 	Yes
audio/x-wav 	Microsoft wave file 	wav,* 	Yes
mplayerplug-in is now gecko-mediaplayer 0.9.8

     File: gecko-mediaplayer.so
     Version:
     Gecko Media Player 0.9.8

     Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
audio/x-mpegurl 	MPEG Playlist 	m3u 	Yes
video/mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
audio/mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
video/x-mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
video/x-mpeg2 	MPEG2 	mpv2,mp2ve 	Yes
audio/mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
audio/x-mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
audio/mpeg2 	MPEG audio 	mp2 	Yes
audio/x-mpeg2 	MPEG audio 	mp2 	Yes
audio/mp4 	MPEG 4 audio 	mp4 	Yes
audio/x-mp4 	MPEG 4 audio 	mp4 	Yes
video/mp4 	MPEG 4 Video 	mp4 	Yes
video/x-m4v 	MPEG 4 Video 	m4v 	Yes
video/3gpp 	MPEG 4 Video 	mp4,3gp 	Yes
audio/mpeg3 	MPEG audio 	mp3 	Yes
audio/x-mpeg3 	MPEG audio 	mp3 	Yes
audio/x-mpegurl 	MPEG url 	m3u 	Yes
audio/mp3 	MPEG audio 	mp3 	Yes
application/x-ogg 	Ogg Vorbis Media 	ogg,oga,ogm 	Yes
application/ogg 	Ogg Vorbis Media 	ogg,oga,ogm 	Yes
audio/x-ogg 	Ogg Vorbis Audio 	ogg,oga 	Yes
audio/ogg 	Ogg Vorbis Audio 	ogg,oga 	Yes
video/x-ogg 	Ogg Vorbis Video 	ogg,ogm 	Yes
video/ogg 	Ogg Vorbis Video 	ogg,ogm 	Yes
audio/flac 	FLAC Audio 	flac 	Yes
audio/x-flac 	FLAC Audio 	flac 	Yes
video/fli 	FLI animation 	fli,flc 	Yes
video/x-fli 	FLI animation 	fli,flc 	Yes
video/x-flv 	Flash Video 	flv 	Yes
video/flv 	Flash Video 	flv 	Yes
video/vnd.vivo 	VivoActive 	viv,vivo 	Yes
audio/x-matroska 	Matroska Audio 	mka 	Yes
video/x-matroska 	Matroska Video 	mkv 	Yes
application/x-nsv-vp3-mp3 	Nullsoft Streaming Video 	nsv 	Yes
audio/x-mod 	Soundtracker 	mod 	Yes
audio/x-aiff 	AIFF Audio 	aif 	Yes
audio/basic 	Basic Audio File 	au,snd 	Yes
audio/x-basic 	Basic Audio File 	au,snd 	Yes
audio/midi 	MIDI Audio 	mid,midi,kar 	Yes
audio/x-scpls 	Shoutcast Playlist 	pls 	Yes
Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_18

     File: libnpjp2.so
     Version:
     The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-java-vm 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet 	Java™ Plug-in Applet 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.3 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.3 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.3.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.5 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.6 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.6.0_18 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean 	Java™ Plug-in JavaBeans 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.2 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.3 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.4 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.5 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.6 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.6.0_18 	Java™ Plug-in 		Yes
Shockwave Flash

     File: libflashplayer.so
     Version:
     Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes

Sorry the list is a bit long.

Hope this helps!

Keith Roberts

Websites: