[CentOS] Backup solution to backup /var/spool/imap above 150GB data

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 25 18:22:13 UTC 2010

Agnello George wrote:
> The requirement fro backup  is not  primarily  for HDD failure , but human
> error failure . In case one of our user ( eg: the COO with huge  mailbox
> size has delete all his certain very important mails, and he want to recover
> them , the contacts us as we are supposed to maintain his mail backup for a
> week, and we should restore his backup immediately  )  this the main
> requirement  for the backup  and that too on the same server different
> partition .

Have you considered using a snapshot approach? By that, I mean one
which uses hard links to create the "backup", and as files get added/
modified, the data are copied, and links are created. Usually, one
has a snapshot directory with something like a daily snapshot, and
24 hourly ones, something like that.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.