[CentOS] Configuring BIND to answer to two domain names (four IP addresses)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 10:55:00 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 18:15, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For completeness: there is the BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual,
>> known as the ARM, usually supplied under /usr/share/doc/.
>> And what many consider to be the standard reference, Liu and Albitz's
>> "DNS and BIND" published by O'Reilly. I believe it's up to the
>> 5th edition now; an earlier edition used to be provided online.
>> If you're serious about learning DNS you ought to consider this book.
>
> Learning bind is sort of like learning sendmail though.  They both do a million
> things you'll never need (and if you do you should probably change your
> design...).  The trick - especially when you start with the full references - is
> to figure out the simple part you need to understand and ignore the rest.  And
> when using distribution-packaged versions, most of what you need is already there.

Most certainly. I think that my major problem is that I tried to
"learn BIND" instead of learning how to get it to do the specific
thing that I needed it to do. It's like learning the entire Japanese
language just to be sure to know how read the bathroom signs on a
two-hour stopover in Tokyo.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il