[CentOS] how to get ASUS USB-N13 802.11n net adapter working on 5.5?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 28 17:35:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 01:11:56PM -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>

> heh -- wpa_supplicant is 'lightly' documented, and the process
> for getting a wholly text mode wireless connection, and
> auto-selecting between open and secure with WPA or WPA2 AP's
> seems like a dark art.  The following is from memory as the
> unit in question is not physically on, and not remotely
> reachable at the moment

Yes, I remember first researching it, and yes, it was a pain to find at
the time.  However, (ta da!!!) I have a page on setting it up--mostly
written for Fedora users who were getting bitten by NetworkManager, but
it goes through testing and setting wpa_supplicant.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/wireless.html
It's not exactly a step by step, and was made for a different purpose,
but see if it works for you. (If the wpa.conf test file that I mention
works, then just copy it over to replace the
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf)

I have another page, that also covers it, as well as having a link to a
more in depth tutorial--again, it was for a specific Fedora issue, but
does go through (in the link to Mike's tutorial) a more detailed write
up of setting up wpa_supplicant.conf.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: Ahhhh, my head. I think I'm sobering up. It's horrible.
Ah... God... I wish I was dead.