[CentOS] centos server network speed check???

Tue Mar 29 10:32:06 UTC 2011
Anthony <akcentos at anroet.com>

  On 29/03/11 11:29, mcclnx mcc wrote:
> To answer your questios:
>
> 1. network is Intranet not internet.
>
> 2. servers CPU and I/O are very light.  We did use "sar -u" and sar -b to check.
>
> 3. is NOT only one server has this network slow problem.  at least 4 to 5 servers on that rack all report slow.  it is NOT possible all servers on that rack are all heavy load.

Try using 'nethogs' during the time when network is slow on the suspect
machines.  It will show you which processes on the local machine are
hogging the network bandwidth!  I don't know why I explained that last
part; it is self explanatory :)

I was most likely talking out loud, so forgive me!

Ak.