[CentOS] CentOS 6.0 and 3ware 9650SE series RAID Performance

Austin Godber godber at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 19:03:18 UTC 2011

Thank you for the clarification Craig, I am re-examining my storage
strategy, thus my email.  Sadly this machine has been in service a number of
years and already contains more data than is possible in a RAID 10
configuration.  If I had the spare space and resources I'd be thrilled to
switch to RAID 10.  That is not the case, however.  Given that, I am faced
with the choice between having the machine entirely unusable between now and
when I can acquire a BBU or using it with the risk of data loss/corruption,
I will chose the latter.  Neither data loss nor corruption would go
unnoticed in the period that this will be necessary.

Does that sound entirely unreasonable?

Austin