[CentOS] Can anyone talk infrastructure with me?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Fri Jan 27 00:21:31 UTC 2012

On 01/26/2012 03:57 PM, Ken godee wrote:
> Not so much haven't matured but are capable of some other technologies
> besides internet access that the local CO could setup, like channelizing
> and different types of signaling, not to mention a
> dedicated circuit to the CO.

...which they always have been.  T1 *is* a mature technology, but it
hasn't improved the way that DSL and DOCSIS have.

> I might compare "SLA" of the two. Might find a drastic difference.

You might, but you can't count on it.  SLAs tend to vary more by vendor
than they do by wiring technology.  In many areas, I can get Ethernet
over copper for less money than a T1, with a greater connection speed
and an equivalent SLA.