[CentOS] After a long break, one more try at bond/bridge nics

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Sat Jan 28 01:03:33 UTC 2012

One thing at a time, let's get the bond working, then come back and add
the bridge.

They should look something like this;

# Back-Channel Network - Link 1
HWADDR="00:E0:81:C7:EC:49"
DEVICE="eth0"
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
ONBOOT="yes"
BOOTPROTO="none"
MASTER="bond0"
SLAVE="yes"

and

# Back-Channel Network - Link 2
HWADDR="00:1B:21:9D:59:FC"
DEVICE="eth3"
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
ONBOOT="yes"
BOOTPROTO="none"
MASTER="bond0"
SLAVE="yes"

Then the bond config should look like this:

# Back-Channel Network - Bond
DEVICE="bond0"
BOOTPROTO="static"
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
ONBOOT="yes"
BONDING_OPTS="mode=1 miimon=100 use_carrier=1 updelay=120000 downdelay=0
primary=eth0"
IPADDR="10.20.0.1"
NETMASK="255.255.0.0"

Now try to restart the network and see if the bond and it's interfaces
come up. If so, then we'll come back to the bridge. One thing I can say
right now though is that the name of the bridge has to sort *after* the
bond interfaces. For this reason, I always recommend 'vbrX' for bridge
names.