[CentOS] Thunderbird and Firefox 10 font rendering

Thu Mar 8 16:34:24 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 03/08/2012 07:49 AM, Toralf Lund wrote:
> On 08/03/12 14:35, John Doe wrote:
>> I use both 3.6.26 (from centOS 5) and 10.0.2 (binary from mozilla).
>> And, after setting the same font settings in both, I cannot see any real differences...
>> Only tiny difference I could find if I screenshot both and zoom a lot is lighter pixels in the anti-aliasing of 10.x.
>> But that might just depend on the position in the display maybe...
> Like I said elsewhere, I looks like the version 10 applications do not
> pick up the settings from System->Preferences->Fonts->Details... in
> GNOME. I've just verified that Firefox does on a system with an older
> CentOS version, although there are no direct updates like for other
> programs - I have to hit reload to see updates in the contents area, and
> restart to get updated display in menus etc.
>
> If it's not too much too ask, could you check if these settings have and
> effect for you?

Firefox 10.0.1, at least the version in CentOS6 that is included, has
its own unique font settings.

Please open the Edit => Preferences ... then click the "Content" tab.

In the Content Area, you will see a "Fonts & Colors" area, and there is
where you will pick your Firefox font.  There is also an Advanced section.