[CentOS] Thunderbird and Firefox 10 font rendering

Mon Mar 12 08:20:57 UTC 2012
Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com>

On 12/03/12 09:11, Toralf Lund wrote:
> On 08/03/12 15:36, John Doe wrote:
>> From: John Doe<jdmls at yahoo.com>
>>
>>> Hum... playing with the gnome font settings does not change anything
>>> in either firefoxes...
> Really? I'm trying this again now... What I'm doing is:
>
>   1. Start firefox
>   2. Select System->Preferences->Fonts from the desktop panel menu.
>   3. In the "Font Preferences" window, click "Details...".
>   4. Select "None" under "Smoothing:" in the "Font Rendering Details"
>      window - where "Grayscale" or "Subpixel (LCDs)" was selected in the
>      past.
>   5. Restart firefox
Actually, that works mainly as a way of testing on the "old" system
(which is what I focused on now.) On the new one, texts look rather as
if they have no smoothing already, so the inverse test is more
appropriate...

- Toralf