[CentOS] Do I need a dedicated firewall?

Thu Dec 12 18:24:34 UTC 2013

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/12/2013 9:56 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> You misunderstand me: I have the router plugged into the phone co.
>> router, going into my router's uplink port.
>
> so you have two layers of network address translation?   or is one or
> the other of those 'routers' set to bridge ?

Not exactly: I just have my router in a different 192.168 address space
than the phone company one. As I said, I plugged the "uplink" port on my
router directly into one of the regular ports on their router, after
setting the IP address of my router, and it just works.

      mark