[CentOS] How should I reinstall CentOS?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Oct 29 15:57:40 UTC 2013

Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Mark LaPierre wrote:

> I did a
> yum reinstall \*
>   .
> gdm or something still hangs.
> The gdm log suggests it is happy.

>>> Is there a command that I could use to record the
>>> repositories I am using and restore them after the install?

Actually, you could just look at /etc/yum.repos.d. In there, you can also
check to see if the repo is enabled, or if there's includes or excludes.
We do that here, because there are systems we do *NOT* want some things
updated without someone doing it manually, like the ones with very old
NVidia cards, where we have to manually rebuild the proprietary drivers,
or production systems, where the teams want to test the updates before
they go into production.
<snip>

         mark