[CentOS] Not To James B. Byrne

Darr247 darr247 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:04:48 UTC 2014

On 14 November 2014 @17:52 zulu, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Given that you can use thunderbird on windows

Ah, but I also use it on CentOS... I just don't post as much from that
copy. The point of that is to have at least 2 offline sources to my list
subscriptions, since if the problem is with the network, having them all
available only online is useless (my third full year of this list
offline is close to complete).

I fully expect this laptop to die anytime, since I bought it in 2006
(its current HDD is ~4-years old)... when that happens my next
laptop/notebook will have CentOS installed on it (probably 7, even
though I dislike GNOME3 about the same as vista compared to XP), and my
backup copy will probably be on an Android tablet.  I've previously
bought 2 copies of RedHat so I *have* contributed $$ to the cause, but I
don't care much for the whole subscription model; Community support
works fine for me (if I was running a business on it, I'm certain I'd
feel differently about that).