[CentOS] yum and yumex change system time

Tue Jun 23 20:45:52 UTC 2015
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

On 06/23/2015 02:48 PM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
<<>>

> Hmmm, that's a really strange problem.

if there were no strange problems, i would have no problems. ;-)

> yum really doesn't have anything to do with your system clock.  It
> just installs, updates and removes packages.  I've never used 'yumex'
> but i assume it just runs yum behind the scenes.

i would think not, but something is happening.

> The only thing I can think of is that your system is installing a
> tzdata package and failing, and somehow you're replacing the time zone
> with the original each time you fix it.  Since your date is listed as
> -0500, it would seem likely that it is related.

time change happens even when there is no tzdata package.

-0500 = utc -0600 daylight savings time = utc -0500

thank you for responding.

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6