[CentOS] Last few days in CentOS

Tue May 5 16:46:20 UTC 2015

Last few days in CentOS :

*  We have now got a 5 machine armv7 ( 32 bit ) Buildsystem running.
Over the coming days and weeks you should keep an eye out for testing
calls. If you can, and have interesting ARM hardware, feel free to join
us at the arm-dev list ( http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/arm-dev/ -
more information on the build system can be found in this thread:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/arm-dev/2015-April/000126.html

* There is a lot of work being done to get XFCE in a good state for
CentOS-6 and 7, you can track the conversation from this thread
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-May/013326.html

* The RDO Project is running 2 test days for OpenStack on CentOS. You
can get details and join the effort ( it rsun 5th and 6th May ) at
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-April/013309.html

* There is a Vagrant Box now available for CentOS, for user testing and
feedback - if you use Vagrant on VirtualBox or Livbirt or vmware
backends, please give this a try and send feedback to the centos devel
list ( more info at :
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-April/013297.html
)ifou

Events:

* We had a great CentOS Dojo at Bangalore, India on the 29th April.
About 70 CentOS users came together to talk about containers. Details of
the meeting are at http://www.meetup.com/CentOS-India/events/221769525/
and you can see some pictures at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/saifikhan/sets/72157649944407033/

* OpenStack Summit is happening at Vancouver, CA from May 18th to 22nd.
CentOS Project will have a presence there. If you are coming to the
event, stop by and say hi! We will also have tshirts and stickers, so
come along and help yourself to some of those.

* Netherlands UUG Spring Conference is taking place on the 28th May, (
https://www.nluug.nl/index.html ) I will be there speaking about CentOS
Linux, The CentOS project and some of the new innitatives we are
starting up, along with how people can get involved in these efforts.

In other news, 7 students have taken up the Google Summer of Code slots
that were allocated to the CentOS Project, over the next few weeks
expect to see some traffic on centos-devel list from those students -
and we will be encouraging them to come and join the various SIG
meetings and communicate outward their progress, and also ask for help
if they get stuck in anywhere. They will be working on things ranging
from Kpatch live patching, to Xen and Cloud installs, to improving our
documentation trails! I'm very excited to have these students onboard!
Hope they have a great summer ahead and produce some great code.

Regards,

--
Karanbir Singh