[CentOS] Centos 7, ATI card, 30" monitor

Wed Nov 4 21:48:13 UTC 2015

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane wrote:
>> From: m.roth at 5-cent.us [mailto:m.roth at 5-cent.us]
>>
>> John R Pierce wrote:

> <SNIP>
>> Btw, I spoke to Dell
>> - this box is theirs, but of course the people supporting workstations
>> *still* don't have a clue about Linux, unlike the server people, and
>> they couldn't find a recent driver, either.
>>
>> I *really* dislike ATI/AMD video. At least with NVidia, the proprietary
>> driver builder *always* works, once you've got the right one, whatever
>> folks bitch and moan about it.
>
> Have you considered using the elrepo packaged version, or at least reading
<snip>
Yep. They got nothing for CentOS 7.

Btw, we got him the full width by changing the cable, from DVI-I to DVI-D
(dual link). Then he had to change it back to not recognizing the full
width of the screen via the control ctr, because when it did, everything
was distorted - circles were ovals, etc.

I suppose I'll get around to writing him a xorg.conf at some time.

       mark