[CentOS] /var/run/... being deleted :((

Fri Oct 13 14:19:17 UTC 2017
Anand Buddhdev <anandb at ripe.net>

On 13/10/2017 16:02, Michael Hennebry wrote:

Hi Michael,

> I see at least two possible intermediate results:
> The RHEL 7 folks do something, perhaps make a package,
> to  make pseudo-persistence super easy to get.
> The RHEL 7 folks do something, perhaps make a package,
> to allow users to fix this particular problem, e.g.
> by adding pseudo-persisitence for a file used by a package.

I disagree vehemently. Please STOP giving any advice or making any
suggestions along the lines of persisting /var/run. It *is* meant to be
volatile. Anyone who is packaging an application for CentOS 7 must
realise this, and package their application accordingly. NO OTHER
SOLUTION is acceptable.

Folks, please stop giving bad advice or suggesting horrible hacks.

Stop trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Cheers,
Anand