[CentOS] audio flaky

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Sep 13 01:46:44 UTC 2017

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017, Kay Schenk wrote:

> We could use some additional details.
> * what version of CentOS 6
> * what is your desktop GUI -- gnome or ?
> * what apps are you attempting to use with audio?

[hennebry at localhost bus]$ cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
[hennebry at localhost bus]$

<gnome-version>
   <platform>2</platform>
   <minor>28</minor>
   <micro>2</micro>
   <distributor>CentOS Project</distributor>
   <date>2012-10-10</date>
   <description>

I first noticed it with vlc.
There is something the GUI calls movie player that does not play movies.
I think I need to install some codecs to make it work.
HAven''t tried to use it for a long time.

> I have CentOS 6.9 installed with pulse-audio and my gnome 2 desktop, and
> everything works well with this environment. I pretty much always test with
> Firefox and youtube. Sites with embedded with video also work fine for me.
>

> On 09/12/2017 10:02 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> I'm running CentOS 6.
>> The audio goes in and out a lot.
>> With vlc, I can sometimes get the audio back
>> by turning the audio track off and on again.
>> I have similar issues with a/v embedded in html.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to diagnose this?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards