[CentOS] Can't configure GDM after update to CentOS 7.6

Thu Dec 6 20:30:00 UTC 2018
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 06/12/2018 à 18:54, John Hodrien a écrit :

> Do you remember just how bad Gnome3 was in RHEL 7.0?  It was unstable
> and insecure, certainly when used with nvidia drivers.  I can't see
> how you could justify the effort it would have required to
> effectively support an unsupported version of Gnome3, and backporting
> I think would have been more than deeply unpleasant.

Or they could simply have gone with KDE 4, a stable and mature desktop
at the time RHEL 7.0 was out. And not an abomination that had to be
potty-trained from scratch again while steadily losing features every
other minor upgrade.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr