[CentOS] Semi-OT: LSI raid card sorta....

Tue Jul 10 17:53:55 UTC 2018
Scott Silverman <ssilverman at simplexinvestments.com>

I would try the newer storcli utility instead of megacli.

Thanks,

Scott Silverman | IT | Simplex | 312-360-2444
230 S. LaSalle St., Suite 4-100, Chicago, IL 60604

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 12:37 PM, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> I've got a box running C7, just updated (yesterday). It had an onboard
> RAID controller, and an HBA. I just installed a new, additional RAID card,
> all LSI.
>
> MegaCli64 only sees one controller. I can't seem to find the magic to see
> the others. I *know* the new card is a MegaRAID - the box it came in says
> so. The system sees it
> 1:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1078 PCI-Express
> Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 04)
> 42:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS-3 3108
> [Invader] (rev 02)
> 43:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS3008
> PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 (rev 02)
>
> I've connected a RAID box that we had to it. I'm trying to import the
> foreign configuration and bring it online. I really can't reboot the
> system for (literally) another month (the maintenance window); I saw the
> firmware interface, but for Reasons, couldn't do it then, and figured I'd
> be able to to it with MegaCli64, but so far, nope. -AdpAllinfo gets only
> one.
>
> Clues?
>
>       mark

DISCLAIMER: NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY

The information
contained in and/or accompanying this communication is intended only for
use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this information, and any attachments thereto, is strictly
notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copy of any
e-mail and any printout thereof. Electronic transmissions cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. Simplex Trading, LLC and its
affiliates reserves the right to intercept, monitor, and retain electronic
communications to and from its system as permitted by law. Simplex Trading,
LLC is a registered Broker Dealer with CBOE and a Member of SIPC.