[CentOS] systemd syslog.target

Tue Aug 11 08:15:55 UTC 2020
ctcard <ctcard at hotmail.com>

Thanks Simon,I think my question got a bit lost amongst all the grub issues - does anyone else have information about whether any references to syslog.target in systemd unit files can be removed?ChrisSent from Samsung Mobile on O2

-------- Original message --------
From: Simon Matter via CentOS <centos at centos.org>
Date: 31/07/2020  10:02  (GMT+00:00)
Subject: Re: [CentOS] systemd syslog.target

Hi,>> I've noticed that there are several systemd unit files in CentOS 7 and 8> with the optionAfter=syslog.targetin the [Unit] section, but since systemd> version 198 syslog.target has not existed.I deduce from this that> "After=syslog.target" is ignored by systemd and can therefore be removed.> Is this correct? I am writing some systemd unit files for our own services> which previously used init.d scripts, so I want to ensure I'm not causing> problems by omitting "After=syslog.target"ChrisSent from Samsung Mobile on> O2Interesting, there is really no syslog.target on either CentOS 7 or 8. Butif a service needs classic syslog, shouldn't it have another After=instead?Simon_______________________________________________CentOS mailing listCentOS at centos.orghttps://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos