[CentOS] Can't move to Centos 8

Thu May 14 05:45:44 UTC 2020
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 8:22 PM -0400 Mauricio Tavares
<raubvogel at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Have you considered moving the storage business to another host so
> not to have a single point of failure?
> 2) Would a $60 Raspberry Pi 4GB be a good replacement? 2 USB3 ports
> and 1 GB ether port. My Synology storage appliance thingie is much
> dumber than that and has not missed a beat in years.

I'm using CentOS 7 and 8 for internal servers but use OpenWrt on a consumer
router to do the fancy traffic balancing with the "cake" traffic control
module, something the old kernel in CentOS 7 lacks.

I'm running an email server with Dovecot IMAP, Spamassassin, and ClamAV and
that's a bit of a load so I suspect a Pi would be underpowered for that.