[CentOS] Proxmox Backup Server equivalent for the RHEL/CentOS world ?

Mon Apr 12 15:08:00 UTC 2021

On 4/12/21 9:54 AM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just spent a couple weeks experimenting extensively with Proxmox VE
> (Virtual Environment) and Proxmox PBS (Backup Server)

This is the greatest example to always decipher the abbreviations. PBS
is quite well known for at least a couple of decades abbreviation
standing for Portable Batch System. Proxmox on the other hand though
seems to exist since 2008, I for one have never heard of - until this
moment that is.

(should I be adding "rant" rags?)

Valeri

> on a couple of sandbox
> servers. I must say I'm impressed, especially of the elegance and simplicity of
> the backup solution. Running virtual machines can be backed up efficiently,
> combining deduplication and incremental backups. A bit like Rsnapshot, only for
> whole VM images.
>
> Both PVE and PBS are based on Debian, and now I wonder if RHEL-based systems
> have something similar to offer.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Niki

Valeri Galtsev