[CentOS] Looking for a RAID1 box

Wed Jan 4 21:05:05 UTC 2023
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Wednesday, January 04, 2023 7:47 PM +0100 Michael Schumacher
<michael_ml at gmx.de> wrote:

> my old home server needed to much energy (~80VA) permanently, so I went
> for an https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-h3-plus/ The manufacturer
> is located in Korea and has dealers around the world. Put it in one of
> their cases https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-h3-case-type-1/ add
> two drives and you will have a system that consumes less than 20VA under
> load, less than 15VA idle. My new system is just doing its job, the whole
> thing will be below 250USD excluding drives.

That has 2x 2.5 Gbps ports, which would be nice for a simple home router.
Is there a 3x or 4x 1 Gbps version? I was considering a Firewalla with 4x
2.5 Gbps ports, as I have two ISPs for redundancy. (One is 1 Gbps
symmetric.) But they're about 2.5x that price. Review:

<https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/home-and-office/networking/the-fastest-small-business-and-residential-firewall-firewalla-gold-plus/>